26 October 2021
- General Information about the collection of personal data and provider identification
- What do we collect?
- How do we collect your personal data?
- How do we use your personal information?
- Details about our platform and service provider
- International data transfers
- What are your rights?
- How we respond to “Do not Track” requests?
- How long do we retain your data?
- Security of your personal information
- Cookies and Tracking Tools
- Use of Social Media Plug-ins
- Third Party Links
- Our social media accounts and third-party applications we use.
- Our E-mail Policy
- Amendments to the data protection declaration
The following data protection declaration applies to My Swiss Story™/ http://www.myswissstory.com and its sub-domains, affiliated sites, and My Swiss Story’s
pages and accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
By using our Sites, you consent to the terms and conditions of this policy declaration. If you do not accept it, please do not accept our Sites.
General Information about the collection of personal data and provider identification
- In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using the website. Personal data are all data that relates to a specific or identifiable person. For example, name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior, etc.
- These Sites and My Swiss Story™ are represented by its Founder, Pragati Siddhanti (“I”/ “We”/ “Us”/“Our”), a resident Basel, Switzerland. We can be contacted at email@example.com.
What do we collect?
We collect, store and use the following personal data:
- Personal Identification Information (First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, Physical Address, Telephone Number)
- Social Media Profile Information
We also collect store and use data pertaining to your behavior, for example, purchase data, and data from your computer including your IP Address, Geographical Location, Browser Type, time Zone, Operating System, Browser Version, Pages in our site that you visit, time and date of visit, and time spent on those pages.
Lastly, we collect information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata.
How do we collect your personal data?
In most instances, you directly provide us the data that we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Register with our Sites or create an account on our websites.
- Subscribe to our email list or newsletter.
- Download anything from our Sites, including freebies, lead magnets and the likes.
- Contact us through e-mail or through the contact button on our Sites.
- Participate in contests and giveaways.
- Leave a review or feedback
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey
We collect communication content and metadata when you post it to our Sites or mobile application, and when metadata is generated by our website in connection with your communication.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
How do we use your personal information?
Personal data that you submit to us voluntarily, through our Site, or through other means will be used to:
- Administer our Sites and business.
- Personalize our Site for you.
- Enable your use of the services available on our Sites.
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested.
- Send you newsletters if you subscribed to our website. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter.
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications.
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users. We never provide third parties with data that will be able to identify any individual user from that information.
- Deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Site, Products or Services.
- Keep our Sites secure and prevent fraud.
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our Sites including monitoring private messages sent through our Site’s private messaging service, and
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect the life or physical safety of the data subject.
If you submit personal information for publication on our Site, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
We will disclose your personal information in the following instances:
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, writers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies, subsidiaries, and holding companies as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We will disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Details about our platform and service provider
http://www.myswissstory.com is hosted by WordPress (“Host”). Our Host provides us with an online platform that allows us to host our blog.
Your data may be stored through our Host’s data storage, databases, and general applications.
Our Host and our other service providers may use analytic tools to measure traffic and usage trends for http://www.myswissstory.com. For example, when you visit http://www.myswissstory.com, our Host may collect the following information from your visit:
- the IP address of the computer or device you are using to visit our website,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the data accessed,
- the website from which access is made to our domain,
- your computer’s operating system and the browser you user
- the country from which access to our website is made and
- the name of your internet provider.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Information that we collect may be transferred and or processed in Switzerland and India.
Personal information that you publish on our Sites or submit for publication on our Sites will be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section.
What are your rights?
- Right to Access. You have a right to request from us copies of your personal information subject to the following:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity such as Government Issued IDs, Passport, Residence Permit and such.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Right to Erasure. If you have given your consent to the use of data, you can revoke it at any time.
- Right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object processing. You have the right object to us processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
All requests for information, requests for disclosure, or objections to data processing should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make a request, we have thirty (30) days to respond to you.
How we respond to “Do not Track” requests?
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit the “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practice when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find more about “Do Not Track.” You may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
How long do we retain your data?
We keep data for as long as there is a need to keep it in connection with the purposes for which it was collected. We may keep your personal data after a particular matter or exchange has concluded but purely for record-keeping purposes and to be able to respond to queries.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this, we will retain documents, including electronic documents, containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
While the specific time periods vary depending on the circumstances, in general, we will not keep records that include personal data for more than ten (10) years after a particular matter or exchange has concluded.
If you ask us to stop sending you marketing communications or Unsubscribe from our email list, we will retain certain details, such as your name, to help us ensure that you are not contacted again.
Security of your personal information
- http://www.myswissstory.com uses SSL/TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content. Data that you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- As we are using our Host’s platform for http://www.myswissstory.com, we are limited by the processes used by our Host to protect your data, including the use of firewall and encryption.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our Sites; we will not ask you for your password except when you log in to our website.
Cookies and Tracking Tools
Cookies are stored beyond the end of a browser session and can be called up again when you visit the site again. If you do not want this, you should set your internet browser so that it refuses to accept cookies.
You can also delete cookies. If you are in Europe, you can learn more about how to delete cookies on this website: www.youronlinechoices.com
Take note however that deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not provide any information on our Sites.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove the information from our system.
Use of Social Media Plug-ins
We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter.
We use the so-called 2-click solution. This means that when you visit our Site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of these plug-ins.
You can recognize the provider of the plug-in by the initial letter/symbol. Only if you click on one of the plug-ins, personal data will be transmitted: When the plug-in is activated, data is automatically transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there. We have no influence on the collected data and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes, or the storage periods. Since the plug-in provider collects data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies before clicking on the symbols via the security settings of your browser.
If you want to learn how our social media plug-ins provider handles your data, you can read their respective privacy policies here:
Facebook Inc, https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Instagram Inc., https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
LinkedIn, Inc., https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Twitter, Inc., https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Third Party Links
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our social media accounts and third-party applications we use
It is possible that you engage with us through our social media accounts and other third-party applications we use.
If you want to know how our social media and third-party application provider use and collect your data, please read their respective privacy policies here:
- Facebook Inc, https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Instagram Inc., https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
- LinkedIn, Inc., https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Twitter, Inc., https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- MailChimp Inc., https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Our E-mail Policy
In compliance with the provisions of the US CAN-SPAM Act, all emails from us will clearly state the sender’s name, clear and specific information as to how to contact us. Our emails will also provide specific instructions in case you wish to unsubscribe from our email list.
Amendments to the data protection declaration
We reserve the right to amend the data protection declaration to adapt it to changed legal situations or in the event of changes to the services offered and data processing. However, this only applies with regard to statements on data processing. If the consent of the users is required or if elements of the data protection declaration contain regulations of the contractual relationship with the users, the changes are only made with the consent of the users.
The users are asked to inform themselves regularly about the content of the data protection declaration.